Saturday, June 26, 2010

Way back when....

Someone asked me today why I started writing a blog. I had thought about putting my experiences on paper, and maybe one day putting an EMS book out there like EMS writing hero's Peter Canning and Steven "Kelly" Grayson. Reading Graysons' work implanted the seed that maybe I could do this. I have funny stories, I have the ones that'll touch your heart, and on more than one occasion, I had brought work home to disasterous results.

To steal a phrase from the Navy, I created my blog to be sort of a "proving ground." If it works, and I get a lot of people saying, "Wow! That's awesome!" Then maybe I'll pick up my quill and actually write some of this stuff down and even put in some new stories, and see if I can get it published.

But that's a ways down the line. Right now, I just hope that you can enjoy the stories and random notes of the blog.

To Grayson and Canning: Thank you for paving the way to allow me to do this. You both have shown me and others like me that even a lowly "Ambulance Driver" can do something great in the Literary world, not just making addendums to Paramedic and EMT text books.

Have fun and Be Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment